Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 17 Dec 2012 18:08 #1

Greetings.. Excellent website and forum. I've been trying to get ahold of the Dreamfoam company that
are talked about on this website. I thought they were part of the "Underground Membership" but do not see them
on the list. I would like to call (Chuck) or one of the company representatives to get more detailed information before
I possibly order from them. Does anyone know their phone# or do they have a website? I've search this forum but
can't find any details on that.

Some of my questions are:
- Do their latex mattresses contain any chemicals or fire retardants?
- Can you get different firmness on each side of bed?

thanks,

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 17 Dec 2012 18:16 #2

Well.. I guess I will answer some of my own questions. I ended up finding their phone # after digginig into their Amazon profile..It's: 877-955-5503 encase anyone wants to know. I also see that they are called "Brooklyn Bedding" and do exist on the Underground Member list.

thanks,

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 17 Dec 2012 22:05 #3

Hi creosote7,

As you pointed out ... Dreamfoam is their Amazon name and Brooklyn Bedding is their manufacturer's name.

The Amazon site does make finding the merchant's phone numbers difficult. It's been listed several times on the forum (and it's a good idea to talk with them before buying to make your firmness selection) but forum posts can get buried fairly quickly.

The "connection" to Brooklyn Bedding is listed in the membership list here(in the link) as well as the list of members who sell online in post #21 here . I added "Dreamfoam" to their name in the membership list to make the link a little more apparent ... thanks for bringing it up.

Some of my questions are:
- Do their latex mattresses contain any chemicals or fire retardants?
- Can you get different firmness on each side of bed?

Yes to the first question. All mattresses sold today require a fire retardant barrier in order to pass the fire regulations (unless you have a prescription). Two of their mattresses use wool as the fire retardant barrier and they will provide you with a link to the manufacturer of the fire barrier they use on request for the ones that don't. Of course all polyfoam is manufactured with chemicals (the two main ones are isocyantes and polyols but there are many others) but most people would consider these to be "safe" if they are made by an American foam manufacturer (which their's are) or are CertiPur certified.

You can order split firmness levels in king size on their Eurotop option here (which also have the option of a layer exchange) and on their total latex mattress here but not on the Ultra plush models.

If you do order from them ... make sure you give them your username here before you purchase so that they will send you the free shredded latex pillow as your member bonus.

Last edit: by Administrator. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 28 Dec 2012 07:54 #4

Phoenix,

Thanks for all the information you help to gather here, it's made researching what to buy and what to avoid a great deal less cumbersome. On that note, do you know how Dreamfoam/Brooklyn Bedding prefer a MU user to mention our forum membership here? An Amazon purchase doesn't usually have a note field, so would it just be down to messaging them after a purchase through the Amazon contact information?

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 29 Dec 2012 01:11 #5

Hi MrSleepy,

After you order ... they will send you an email asking for your comfort preference and you can either let them know when you reply or you can call them to discuss your comfort preference before or after an order and let them know then.

Their phone number is at the bottom of their Amazon details page here (877-955-5503).

Last edit: by Administrator. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 30 Dec 2012 13:31 #6

The information here and in other parts of the forum helped me decide to order one of these. I am negotiating the details now, hopefully I can report back with my findings. Thanks for the forum and all the quality information!

Re: Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 30 Dec 2012 16:49 #7

Hi JeremyL,

Congratulations on your new mattress :)

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 01 Jan 2013 10:47 #8

__________
Hello Mattress Underground Forum/ Pheonix,

I see that you are very knowledgable in the area of mattressess and have fantasic reviews. So I am hoping you can assist with my question regarding a bed purchase. So here goes.

I am interested in a memory foam or latex mattress. I went and tried out the tempurpedic simplicity and countour, and the iComfort Insight and Genius. I found them both too firm for my preference, but this was on the sales floor. So what I started looking for is a latex or memory foam king that is about $1,200 or less. I would like something softer than those listed above but of course supportive. I am also looking for good quality foam (4lb density or above thanks to your information or a good mix of latex).

What I found and am very interested in is the Ultimate Dream Latex King size plush.

So I ask what do you think of this in terms of quality and value. Also if you have any other suggestions for me as I live in the Minneapolis area in Minnesota.

Please advise. Thanks for your help!!!

Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 01 Jan 2013 17:16 #9

I wish I had found this months ago when I started my mattress research. Thank you Phoenix and others for all the work you do in research and compiling all your data! I love the perks you offer for us consumers as well. Excited about a free pillow!

Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon 01 Jan 2013 18:14 #10

Hi msturg29,

Dreamfoam (AKA Brooklyn Bedding) is a member of this site which means that I believe they are among the best quality/value in the country .

This is a latex hybrid mattress (with 1.5" of quilting polyfoam and 3" of latex in the comfort layer) so the feel will be quite different from the memory foam mattresses you have been testing. Latex is a "fast response" foam while the memory foam mattresses you have been testing have more of a "slow response". You will be able to choose the firmness level of the latex but it may be a good idea to test some mattresses with latex in the comfort layers just to make sure you are comfortable with the different feel and performance of latex vs memory foam.

Some of the better options or possibilities in the Minneapolis area are listed in post #2 here .

Hope this helps.