This is a very lightly moderated forum ... meaning that you can post almost anything you want ... with only a few exceptions.
1. Don't forget this is a mattress forum. Posts should be loosely connected with mattresses, sleeping, and all things connected, and of course the usual "banter" that goes along with any forum.
2. We encourage the posting of opinions, which of course means that people will both agree and disagree. If you are in a "disagreement" mode, keep things civil and respectful and avoid personal attacks. Disagreements are part of how we can all learn.
3. We do not allow self promotion or advertising in the forum. The forum is meant to be educational and not a competitive advertising space for manufacturers or retail outlets. Manufacturers and Retailers are of course always welcome to post more generic or material information that may help educate and inform members but any links or references to a specific outlet will be removed (except a username may contain the business name). An introductory first post that discloses who they are and the outlet they are from (without a link or self promotion) is also welcome. Businesses and outlets may also answer any specific questions or requests for information from forum members about mattresses or products they sell or manufacture.
4. Exceptions to #4 are the manufacturer or retailer members of the site who are welcome to include a link to their website and generic information about what they make or sell in their signature and in their profile, to let people know they may have something suitable in a specific mattress construction they may be looking for, or to provide more specific information about the the types of mattresses they make or sell in a more informative rather than a "marketing" context. Invitations to "visit or buy" or "better/worse" comparisons with other manufacturers are considered a marketing context.
5. Any links or URL's included in a post that are relevant to a thread are fine except for the restrictions in #3.
6. If a member or email appears more than once in any reputable list of spammers they will be deleted.
7. If a member has a pattern of posting meaningless information that is not in context with a thread (or "trolling") ... their posts will either be edited, transferred to a single thread, or they may be warned and finally banned if necessary.
8. We reserve the right to add to these rules as circumstances make it necessary but in general we advocate and encourage free speech and the posting of any information that may be helpful.
That's it. We hope you both enjoy and learn from your experience here.